Public Information Request
The City of Hico has many documents available Online.
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552 gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
Procedures to obtain information:
Mail, fax, email or submit in writing in person.
- For Non-Police Department related requests, please contact City Hall.
- For Police Department related requests, please complete a Public Information Request Form.
- Submit a request by mail, fax, email or in person according to a governmental body’s reasonable procedures.
- Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the information requested.
- Cooperate with the governmental body’s reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.
For further questions, please contact City Hall.