We're happy you've chosen to live and/or operate your business in Hico. This guide has been prepared to help you become familar with our practices and provide you with some helpful information. Read More...
RESOURCES FOR RESIDENTS
If you can't find what you are looking for below, you may want to consult the Frequently Asked Questions Page.
- Groceries - United Care, Distribution on 1st Tuesday 8-10 a.m. at Senior Citizen Center, 411 N. Mesquite, (254)-386-5767.
- Housing - Hico Housing Authority (254) 796-4006, 100 N. Railroad.
- Meals-on-wheels - See Nutrition
- Nutrition - Hico Activity Center, 411 N. Mesquite, (254) 796-4488;Congregant Meals M-T 11:30 a.m. and Meals on Wheels.
- Transportation - H.O.P. (800) 791-9601, Senior Citizens Center, 411 N. Mesquite.
- Utitlity Assistance - Hill Country Community Action Program, (254) 796-4488 Senior Citizens Center, 411 N. Mesquite.
- City Park Pavilions, call (254) 796-4620
- Community Center, call (254) 796-4006
- First UMC Family Life Center, call (254) 796-4539
- Hico Activity Center, call (254) 796-4488
Local telephone service is offered by CenturyLink.
- Residential Repairs (800)-788-3600
- Residential New Service (800)-788-3500
Texas New Mexico Power - TNMP is responsible for the electricity infrastructure in and around the city.
- To report a power outage: (888)-866-7456
- If you would like more information regarding your choices of electric providers under deregulation you can access www.powertochoose.org
- To file a complaint against a Utility provider, you can contact the Texas Public Utility Commission.
- Customer service (888)-286-6700
- Emergency (866)-322-8667
Water and Wastewater